In the event of a bereavement:
- Notify one of the burial offices IMMEDIATELY and leave a contact phone number. United Synagogue Burial Office - 020 8950 7767
- If the Burial Offices are closed and you would like to speak to someone, please call 07957 119 119 (this service is not available on Shabbat or Yomtov)
- Notify SUJC at [email protected] or on 01923 608333
- Obtain a death certificate from the doctor or hospital, stating the cause of death.
- Take the death certificate to the Registrar for Births and Deaths. It must be the Registrar in the vicinity where the death occurred.
- Phone the Burial Office once you have been issued with the relevant documentation. The Burial Office will advise what to do next.
- Once funeral arrangements have been made please contact the Synagogue Administrator on 01923 608333 who will assist with shiva chairs and prayer books and liaise with the Rabbi about the funeral and shiva.
- Speak personally with the Rabbi about the funeral service and shiva arrangements.
- Notify family and friends of the arrangements.
- For further help and advice please feel free to contact Rabbi Garber on 07902 344361 or Phil Diamond, Chairman of the SUJC Board, on 07932 254003
For more general information, please visit the Bereavement section of the United Synagogue website.